Saturday, January 16, 2016

Day 2

Let's talk about gaps. Jumps. Whatever they are.

Let's talk about easy gaps.

You ever played Guitar Hero? You know the medium difficulty, where you only have four buttons, and you can just park a finger on each button. We're going to do that.

Chances are, when you play, you're not using all of your fingers. Chances are there's muscles you need to build in the pinky and ring sections of your hands.

We've got video this week, but it's the same for both instruments.


The shorthand. S means start, E means end.

The video: 
For Ukulele
Please excuse the fact that I recorded these sitting on my unmade bed. It is an indication of slovenlyness, not harlotry

At the very end of the bass video, you can see me instinctively not use my pinky. I tend to not use my pinky as much as I should, which is what this is for. This whole project is just to get me to use my pinky. 

The longhand: First finger, first fret, first string. 
Third finger, third fret, first string. Repeat for the other strings, going up.

Then second finger, second fret, forth string. Fourth finger, fourth fret, fourth string. Repeat with the other strings, going down.

As with all these left hand exercises, do it once, go up a fret, and do it again. If you're feeling ambitious, go back down. If you start feeling it in the left side of your hand, you're doing it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment